Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chainsaw Repaired -- Again

I gave my old Poulan chainsaw all summer to rest, recuperate and heal itself. With freezing temperatures in our forecast, I decided it was time to see if my hands-off approach to chainsaw repair had worked. No such luck. My chainsaw was still plagued with the same affliction with which it ended last winter. It would start and idle, but not rev up enough to do any cutting. I remained convinced that a fuel problem of some sort was the culprit.

Since a through external inspection reveal no cause for the problem, it was time to tear into the carburetor. After removing the cover from the carb “bowl”, I found a small screen that was totally covered with crud. Cleaning that little screen did the trick. My 25-year-old chainsaw is now cutting wood again.


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: